Browse our frequently asked questions below and get in touch if you can’t find your answer.
1. Are credit and debit cards acceptable for payment at the Book Fair? Yes. If you would like a card reader at your Book Fair please call us on 0800 731 5758 to request one.
2. When people are buying books, who should cheques be made payable to? Please ask parents to make cheques payable to the school.
3. Can I buy pre-paid Gift Vouchers? Yes! You can buy pre-paid Book Fair Gift Vouchers here. Simply pay online, receive your voucher by email, print and spend! Our Book Fair Gift Vouchers are convenient and are a great way to save money at your Fair. If you have any questions about Gift Vouchers, please contact Customer Services on 0800 731 5758.
4. Can parents pre-pay for books and collect them when the Book Fair arrives? You are welcome to do this but our online Click and Collect service has now been discontinued. You will be able to order any books from the Book Fair using our order form.
5. Can parents pay for purchases at the Book Fair by phone? We do offer a ‘Tonepay’ phone payment system but it is your decision whether to offer it. Call our Customer Services team on 0800 731 5758 for more details.
6. Where do I send payment for the Book Fair? Please send your cheque along with your Book Fair Record Sheet to your local Book Fair distributor. Most distributors can accept a BACS payment. Please see details on the Book Fair Record Sheet or ask your local distributor.
7. Can I sell the last copy of a title?
Yes but it is always best to keep a copy for children to see. Please take orders and your local Book Fair distributor will deliver these when your Book Fair is collected.
8. How do I place an order for the books that have run out? Use the order form which you’ll find in your Delivery Pack or your Planning Kit. You can fax, email or phone your order through to your local Book Fair distributor.
9. When should I place the book orders? Please try and fax your order to your local Travelling Books distributor by lunchtime on the day prior to the collection of your Book Fair. They will endeavour to deliver the order when they collect the fair to avoid any disappointment.
10. Do I have to keep a record of the books sold at the Book Fair? No. We want the Book Fair to be as simple as possible for you. We reconcile the amount raised and the books taken, so you do not need to keep any records of what people have bought. We do ask that you keep a record of the total value of any books you take from the bookcases using Rewards though.
11. Can our school buy books from the catalogue? Yes. Everything in our catalogue and in our online shop can be bought with school funds or Rewards (with the exception of some non-book items such as training and subscription services).
12. How do I calculate my Rewards? Please refer to the Book Fair Record Sheet in your Delivery Pack.
13. How can I check how many Rewards my school has? You can check your Rewards balance by creating an account and logging in. You’ll need your Fair ID and account number which you’ll find on any letters from us and your Book Fair Record Sheet.
14. How long do I have to spend my Rewards? You can use all of your earned Rewards by choosing books from the bookcases whilst the Book Fair is in school. If you still have Rewards left you can spend them in our catalogue and in our online shop. Rewards are valid for 18 months from point of issue.
15. Where will I find my Book Fair ID and account numbers? You will find these on any letters we have sent you – your booking letter, the letter in your Planning Kit, the letter in the Delivery Pack and on your Book Fair Record Sheet.
16. How do I rebook a Book Fair? Your local Book Fair distributor can organise this for you or you can call 0800 731 5758.
17. How do I claim the free £25 competition prize vouchers? The vouchers are our gift to the school if you run a competition to create excitement around the Book Fair. Download the Resource Pack for the vouchers.
18. Can I use World Book Day Vouchers at the Book Fair? Yes, they can be used at the Book Fair for books of £2.99 or more in line with the instructions printed on the voucher. The vouchers should be collected from the children, crossed through so they cannot be used again and returned to us at the end of the fair with your Book Fair Record Sheet and payment. The value of World Book Day vouchers collected is not be included when calculating the amount raised at your Book Fair. Rewards cannot be claimed on World Book Day voucher sales.
19. What time will our Book Fair arrive? We aim to deliver your Book Fair before 1pm but will try our best to advise of any delays. You can confirm these details with your local Book Fair distributor.
20. What time will our Book Fair be collected? It can be collected any time after 9am on the agreed collection day. You can confirm these details with your local Book Fair distributor.
Have any other questions? Let us know.